August 19, 2009

An Apple for Teacher

Yes this is the second post of the day!!! Amazing that I've found the time.  I have a card here that was inspired by Ann over at Creative Antics. I fell in love with her card as soon as I saw it and it was the one that encouraged me to follow her blog.  Well I decided to try one and add a few of my own touches. 

Back to school seems to be what's on the brain for a lot us of right now. Some of us are counting down the days either in dread or anticipation. Some of you are already back to the school year routine.  Here in BC, Canada we have a little less than 3 weeks until school starts. I'm looking forward to my daughter in school full days.  Those half days were a killer.  And my 4 year old will be attending preschool for 2 full days a week.  So that leaves me and my two year alone together twice a week (at least if I'm not babysitting the twins across the street).  It will be like I only have one.  It may just be quiet in the house!!!

Anyhow, about the card, I added black in the back to convey a black board, along with the apples pegged into the cork with white brads.  I think it all does a nice job of adding a school feel to it.  My daughter could give this to her Kindergarden teacher since we forgot to give her a thank you back in June.  Ooops!!!

Paper:  SU Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Cork
Ink:  SU Markers  Old Olive, Basic Brown, Real Red
Accessories:  White brads, Black gingham ribbon, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches, Scallop circle punch
Stamps:  Tart & Tangy, Fresh Cuts (Sentiment)

This is also a demo option for any of my September workshops.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the cork board! Awesome card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this for the second time!! LOL...Fabulous idea with the cork board...too cute...her teacher will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors