August 12, 2009

Wonderful You


Trying to come up with something new everyday is getting a little tricky especially right now when I'm getting ready to host my first workshop on Sunday. I made this card back in May for Father's day but I believe it could be a card for anyone on any occasion.  All of you SCS members may have already seen it in my Gallery but to those of you who are just getting to know me it will be new to you.
I remember being in love with the My Mind's Eye patterned card stock.  I forget the name but it was a Father theme. The colours were so handsome and I new that I would use up the only 2 sheets that I could get my hands on for Father's day cards.  I created the scene with the retired SU Wonderful You stamp set.  The card needed a bit of colour so I added tempting turquoise flowers. It's not very masculine, I know, but they blend in well and add the hint of colour the card needed. The sentiment tag was made using the small corner rounder.  (One of my best and cheapest investments).  I added some rhinestone because I found it too plain otherwise.  Square ones seemed a little more masculine.  Anyhow, I hope you find it inspiring. Thanks for looking and have a fabulous day.
Stamps:  Wonderful You
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  MME patterned card stock, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Kaisercraft square rhinestones, small corner rounder punch

1 comment:

  1. Nice card. Boy, masculine cards are my biggest challenge. I like how you cut around the images and left the uneven border against the stripes. I currently have a love affair with My Mind's Eye paper. It is so beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors