September 24, 2009

Crazy 4 Christmas!!!


Wow! Two posts in one day, isn't that amazing? And this one is a double whammy because Cindy over at Crazy 4 Challenges came up with this amazing yet simple sketch so I was able to make two in an hour yesterday.

I used my scraps of paper that I had left over from prepping for my first workshop. The white demask design is flocked and it is from the Christmas Cocoa specialty paper collection in the Holiday Mini. I also pulled out the Champagne Shimmer paint to add some power to that serene snowflake and an antique gold brad. Looking at it now I could probably add a greeting up at the top left corner.

After I finished that card I decided to try again except this time not to take the sketch so literally and give it my own interpretation. I decided to flip the sketch and add ribbon instead of brads and change up the paper from the collection. I also applied shimmer paint because I was just having too much fun.

So what do you think do you like the image horizontal or vertical? Ribbon or brads? Flocked or not? There are so many different things that you can do with this sketch. I have a feeling I'll be using this sketch on a regular basis. (Hope you don't mind Cindy).


It's amazing that we are still enjoying some really hot weather here in BC, Canada. It reminds me of the year my daughter was born. It was the very end of September and all she was wearing was a diaper because it was so hot. I can't believe my baby is going to be six years old on Sunday. We are having a princess tea party. We're going to make princess crowns, decorate our own cupcakes and then sit down and have a tea party.

I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful week and fabulous weather. Thanks so much for dropping by. Tomorrow I'll be posting my card for the current Mojo Sketch.

Paper:  Soft Suede (again), Kraft, Real Red, Christmas Cocoa dp
Ink:  Soft Suede, Champagne shimmer paint.
Accessories:  Red brads, Sleigh Bells Twill ribbon , ticket corner punch, antique gold brad
Stamp set: Serene snowflakes

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love flipping sketches!! Especially when it's a great sketch :) But I think I like the first one with the vertical panel and brads...very elegant (not saying the second is not great, but you asked!! :) Ah, a princess party!! Here's a link to one of the PTI design team members princess party for her little girl...don't feel inferior when you see it! I did and I don't even have a girl!! LOL

    http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/09/23/pretty-princess-party/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick one - they're both awesome!!
    Both could go flipped - love the versatility =)

    ReplyDelete

Visitors