September 13, 2009

Crazy for Challenges #1

Finally, I got this card done. This is the card I had to walk away from because I was too tired to give it 100% and it probably shows. But it's done! It's late but it's done. I discovered the Crazy for Challenges (CFC) through the many blogs that I follow so thanks, ladies, for sharing. It looks like they are going to have some great challenges to share and as you know I like to start things from the beginning so that was a bonus.

Now this card did not turn out at all like I had thought it would. Originally I had wanted a rhinestone circle around the outer circle but it got messed up when I went to apply the rhinestone circle. And of course I didn't have more rhinestones to try again! Then I saw my rhinestone cupcake and have been waiting for the opportunity to use it. The scallop circle is made using my circle scissors and small corner rounder punch. I don't have a scallop circle die...yet! It's amazing how many tools you seem to 'need' for this craft! Does the list never end? Which tool do you use the most and couldn't live without? So the scallop circle is somewhat flawed but I think the rhinestones help to deflect the imperfections and this card still passes as a totally giveable card!

Sunday blessings to you and yours. Enjoy the last day of your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Paper:  White CS, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede dsp ,
Accessories: Certainly celery ribbon, tag corner punch, 1/8 circle punch,  circle scissors, corner rounder punch. NSU Bling cupcake
Stamp: Sincere Salutations 

4 comments:

  1. great card, thanks for playing with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blinged out cupcake...so cute :) Thanks for the lovely card today :) The dp is fantastic. Can't wait to see what you make with the goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake is awesome! I'm always eyeing bling like that but I've never gotten around to actually buying or using it =)

    I couldn't live without my nesties....I think I use them on pretty much every card!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors