October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Today was a busy day.  My mom came last night to visit and she brought with her all the trimmings to make a fantastic turkey dinner today.  She cooked it all and my hubby helped me clean up (I must admit that he did the majority of the work while I was visiting my mom and little sister).  Tomorrow my dad and brother are coming by for a visit and I may just head up to my dad's place tonight for a relaxing visit while the kids are in bed.  I'm very thankful for my family, my children, but most of all I'm thankful for hope.  Hope in my future, hope in my kids future, hope that there are always good times (big or small) to be remembered.  It's all good as long as we love and are loved.  God has graciously provided for my family and lately my family has been blessed beyond the basic needs.  It's these times that I feel guilty for having so much when there are people who are struggling and feeling hopeless.

My post today fulfills two challenges.  The Mojo 107 sketch and the current Crazy 4 Challenges to make a thanksgiving card.  I also tried french knots with floss for a new technique.  I should have stitched through both the Vanilla and the Chocolate chip layer just so it would lay better...but I figure this was good for my first try.  If you want to see cards using beautiful french knots you should hop over to Maile's blog .  She hasn't done them in a while but I highly recommend you search for them.

Anyhow,  I hope that my fellow Canadians are enjoying their turkey dinners and that my friends south of the border are looking forward to their holiday with friends and family.  Peace be with you all this day and the next.

Paper:  Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very vanilla, Gold fiber cs,  dp
Ink:  Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Chocolate chip satin ribbon, circle scissor, floss, rhinestones.
Stamps:  Grateful Greetings, Priceless


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Laurel! That is a perfect mojo card. It's almost 11pm and it makes me want to get trying some new challenges =) I love the knots you've created - such a beautiful detail! Hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanks Giving!!! I just realized you live in BC. I lived there for 5 years in the Lower Mainland. Your card is very elegant. Thanks for sharing!!! Have a lovely day with loved ones and friends. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful time with family. Love your knots, they really do look great! Is the knot over the "I" done with metallic floss, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love the fall colors and touch of bling! Happy Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the dp :) so pretty and serene :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I know I've already told you, but I smile every time I look at this card. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors