October 28, 2009

Sweet Snow Swirls


Good morning everyone!  Hope everyone is have a fabulous week.  Mine is busy as usual but I'm managing to get some sleep :-)  Life is better when I'm getting sleep....my husband would probably agree. LOL.


Here's my take on Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  There are so many challenges out there that I have a hard time keeping track of them all.  With limited time I've had to really assess which challenges I want to participate and I usually go for the ones that inspire me the most.  Karen's tend to do that every week!  With my card I was surprised that I didn't use any ribbon or bling!  Just some dazzling diamonds on the snowflake, a few french knots, and some pretty dp.  What do you think of the french knots on the tree? Better than bling?  I added a couple strands of gold metallic floss to detract from the fact that my pink/red floss wasn't a true red? I guess I could have put some ribbon on the second panel but I always worry about over doing it.

Thanks for looking and have a super fabulous day!

Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red, Wishper white, I Wish dp
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Floss, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch, dazzling diamonds, Heat and Stick powder
Stamps:  Snow Swirled

6 comments:

  1. I love the French knots! What a great idea :) The dp is fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fab job with this set...I gotta pull mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on this challenge, Laural!!! Love the medallion you used for your tree topper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The french knots are the perfect addition to the tree, love how you combined the threads! Lately I find my self making a card without ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work, Laural! I'll have to learn to make those knots, as it really is a beautiful result. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors