October 1, 2009

Sweet Sunday - Winter Wonderland


The crispness of the air this dreary fall morning reminded me that snow will be on it's way in just a few short weeks.  I look forward to fresh snow on the ground because it brightens things up on overcast days such as these. It also covers up the fallen brown leaves and dead plants wonderfully. The only drawback to all the snow is the 20 to 30 minutes it takes to get the kids bundled up before we leave the house.  Lost mittens and hats are also a pet peeve of mine.  I generally buy at least 2 or 3 pair for each of my kids (on clearance from the season before) so we don't spend another 15 minutes in the morning looking for their only mitten!!!  For the last couple of mornings I've been turning on our fireplace as soon as I get out of bed.  Now that it's October 1st we will officially be turning our furnace on.

I managed to make two cards last night for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I made a point of using Christmas paper that I bought last season (along with the matching die-cuts of course) and never got around to using it.  It all went beautifully with Stampin' Up!'s last year In Colours (Ridinghood Red and Baja Breeze).  I never used those colours much and unfortunately, now that I've fallen in love with them, I didn't stock up so I'm starting to run low.

Thanks so much for taking a peek.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Take care ~ LL

WinterWonderland
Paper:  SU! Ridinghood Red, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  SU! designer series button, Ticket corner punch, circle scissors, linen thread, bling
Season's Greetings
Paper:  SU! Certainly Celery, Ridinghood Red
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set:  Snow Swirled (Sentiment)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these are lots of fun! Loving all the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous. It's amazing how close the holidays are. I love fall, and it's definitely feeling fallish here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful colours! love the bird image...it was cold out today...my core temperature is still not up to where it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you...now that I've fallen for Baja Breeze, it's all gone. Darn it!

    Your cards are wonderfully Christmassy! I totally agree with Maureen - that bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors