December 13, 2009

Christmas Goodies


Here are a few samples of the Christmas goodies I made for my daughter's classmates.  I did use candy but with the intent that these can be hung on their Christmas tree until the big day.  I have doubts that they will actually make it to their christmas tree but you never know.

For my project I used the Circle Scissors to cut 3 inch circles...looking back now it would have been better to make them a little smaller (2.75" instead) and I used the Fiskars Shape cutter for the ovals.  The top of the ornaments were made by cutting out the ornament shape in the Sweet Centers stamp set and the inside circle was easy peasy this time around with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  It didn't come so easily when I was making the Halloween treats. I didn't have the circle punch and had to rig things just right with my circle scissor.  It took to long without the punch which is why my daughter didn't hand out those sweet treats for halloween.  It was great to use up some of my SU! Christmas dp from last season (always a good excuse to buy something new LOL).

Sorry if I haven't been around to comment on your beautiful works of art.  Like you I'm busy with the celebrations of the season and bent on finishing my last minute projects.  And having a horrible migraine yesterday did not help in getting things done.  It was only my second ever migraine but it put me in bed for 6 hours.  I was extremely blessed that it was a Saturday and my husband was home.  Another thankful thing about my migraines is that I loose vision in one eye about 45 minutest to an hour before the headache part kicks in so I have time to take some pain meds and finish up the really important things before I'm stuck in bed.  I'll be making an appointment with the doctor this week...last time it was with the Optometrist.

Paper:  Old Olive texture cs, I Wish dsp, Whisper White
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Stamps:  Sincere Salutations, Sweet Centers
Accessories:  Circle Scissors, Fiskars shape cutter, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1/16" circle punch, silver cord ribbon, treat cups, chocolates

5 comments:

  1. LOL...I'm just like the kids...I eat the candies right away!! I had to laught because we made similar ones at SU 10 and I even said, don't worry about the adhesive...these candies won't make it to my house!! LOL Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's just kids who can't wait to eat their treats =) LOL

    Feel better soon, Laural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! However, I wish those treat cups were a little...err...okay a lot bigger (mmm candy!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! So nice to make them for your daughter's classmates. I'm having so much fun with your blog candy! I've got some little surprises for you made with some of the goodies. I'm burning through the Christmas paper. Such pretty stuff! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors