March 2, 2010

Baby Boy

This one is late Karen's last Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I just never had time to get it done but I had something in mind for a baby card and had to see it through.  I took the opportunity to use up some of the scraps from my Son's scrapbook.  There's a picture of his introduction page included at the bottom.  It's so hard to believe that my baby will be 3 next week!! 

For the card I used a new ribbon treatment (for me) that seems to be really popular lately and did some zigzag stitching around the edges.  The paper is from an SU! Simply Scrappin' kit! of a couple of year back.  The stars fit perfectly with that Verve Plain Jane!  The sentiment is just that...sentimental.  Twinkle, Twinkle happens to be both of my boys' favourite song.  There was a time when they would not settle for bed until I had sung it at least once.  Even now, my youngest likes to hear Twinkle Twinkle, You are my Sunshine, My Bonny, and Brahm's Lullaby. It has to be in that particular order too!  Good memories to be sure!

Hope you're having a fabulous week!  Happy Crafting!

Paper: SU! dp Apricot Appeal, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink:  Wild Wasabi
Accessories:  Orange Zest ribbon (PTI), Green Rhinestones
Stamp: Little Star (Verve)

4 comments:

  1. I have been quite remiss at visiting your blog and seeing your lovely creations. Great use of this tricky sketch! This one worked me over big time LOL! Darling scrapbook page too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these!! That sentiment is perfect and your scrapbook page is just adorable...it really showcases that sweet little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mastered that sketch - and perfect ribbon details! What a lovely Baby page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet page...clean with a terrific layout! That card rocks my world too...that pop of orange is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors