April 12, 2010

Let's Get this Party Started!!!


Good Evening my fellow bloggers?  How was your Monday?  Mine was pretty relaxed since it was an in-service day at my daughter's school and I didn't need to leave the house for anything.  I got some Laundry done, a workout in, and even a shower!!!  Not that I usually stink but showers aren't an everyday occurrence for me unless I workout.  And hey if I do stink I'm usually in my studio not bothering anyone! LOL.

Anyhow here's what I came up with the last time I was stinkin' up my studio!  I managed to come out with something fun and stylin' for the current Embellish Magazine challenge.  I struggle with layouts so FTL85 came in handy. I used the Argyle stamps from Practicing Creativity's Key to My Heart Set.  I didn't get the seems exactly right so I added some gold stickles.  Hope that doesn't break the rules of the challenge.  The challenge was to make something that reflects party and sparkles do that well don't they?  I used the SU! Snowburst set as Fireworks...again the gold sparkles helped reflect that.  The celebrate sentiment is from PTI Signature Greetings (I just masked out the "Your Day" part)

This card would make a great one for a New Year's Eve party or a Grad party. And I think it could pass for unisex.  What do you think?  It makes me want to paarrrrty!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week.  I'm off with the family to look at another house.  It looks promising....

Paper: Whisper White, Kraft, Black (PTI)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Stamps: Key to My Heart (Practicing Creativity), Snowburst (SU!), Signature Greetings (PTI)
Accessories: Scallop border punch, Gold Stickles, large corner rounder punch, Basic Black grosgrain ribbon


10 comments:

  1. This is just awesome! I love the way you used the colors in the challenge, and the layout is perfect. Gret job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the starbursts...says celebration all over it!! love the bling on the argyle as well...fabulous details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I love the argyle, Courtneys stamps are so cute! Im following you now and please feel free to do the same :) Did you see my current challenge? Its a color challenge and I would love for you to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, this is amazing! The layout and your choice of stamps compliment each other so well, and the touch of gold adds the perfect touch. I'd say this card speaks party for sure. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your design! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly celebratory! It's like fireworks of fabulous =) Are those seriously stickles - as in the glue-like substance? Awesomely perfect stickle job, my stinky friend =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card!!! CAS at its best!!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors