May 25, 2010

Key to My Happiness

Hello friends!  Today I get to show you my card for this weeks Viva la Verve sketch challenge and another favourite room in my house.  Besides the sketch we were meant to find inspiration in our craft rooms.  Well  my inspiration came purely by the fact of how much happiness my little space brings to me everyday.  It's the place where I can express myself and loose myself, a space in all my house that I can call mine.  It is a key to my happiness (besides the love and support of my family of course :)

My craft room never use to look so well organized and tidy but since we've been trying to sell our house I've had to minimize the clutter.  I also have a closet full of supplies right next to the desk.  And a couple of boxes of stamps in the storage room and about 6 pizza boxes of paper organized under the guest bed in the same room.  

Steps

1) Make A2 card from CS
2) Trim designer papers and attach ribbon; adhere to card
3) Die cut oval; stamp image and sentiment; attach ribbon loops to oval; adhere with foam tape to card
4) Attach buttons to card with glue dots.

Elements

Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart dsp (SU!), Cupid (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Rose Red, Basic Black
Accessories: New leaf twill ribbon (PTI), Rose Red grosgrain (SU!), White Satin ribbon (Practicing Creativity),  yellow and green satin ribbon (chatterbox), Raspberry Fizz (PTI), New leaf buttons (PTI), oval nestie (Spellbinders), foam tape (dollar store)
Stamps: Key to My Heart (Practicing Creativity), Whimsical words (SU!)

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your card, Laurel!!! The ribbon tabs are fabulous. Great shot of your workspace too :D Mine gets close to his state when we have company overnight as my craft area is in the spare bedroom LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has got to me one of the best cards I've seen! Love the ribbon tabs and the big bow. Love the patterned papers and the sentiment along with the key. (They work so well together) And, so jealous of your craft space too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Laural-Lee. Love the ribbon tabs around the circle! Your craft room is super, too! You've inspired me to organize mine! But the dilemma is... spend time organizing or spend time crafting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clean studio!! I'm sure it's what sold the house!! LOL I'm expecting to see a messy one once you are in the new place :) Gorgeous use of colours, papers and buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you have been rocking some PCD cards! I love them all.

    And your studio is WAY clean! Doesn't it feel good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on what Courney said =)

    It's no wonder your house sold...that's impeccable. My craft area is such a disaster that my cheeks are aflame with embarassment.

    Lovely card, Laural!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors