August 31, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


This Sunday a fellow blogger and paper crafter sent me  this Award! Thank you Maureen I feel so honoured that you would find my blog inspiring because your Blog and cards are AMAZING.  You should be published in no time at the rate you're going.

Anyhow the condition of accepting the award is to share 7 things about myself so here you go:

1)  As a teenager, I was known as "The Goat Lady's daughter" because my mom raised goats on our one acre parcel of land.  We even had a big red barn.

2)  As a teenager, I was also known by some boys as "Watermelons" as I happened to be large chested.  Despite that horrid nickname another one they had for me was "The Church Girl" which I was proud of.  None of the nicknames really bothered me and I never let them stop me from being myself.  With all the nick names, I wonder if anyone knew my real name?

3)  I have three kids ages 5, 4, and 2.

4)  My husband has a very strong Italian background and he is 10 years older although he looks younger than I do.  Oh how I wish I had that olive skin!!

5)  I'm 4 courses short of completing my Bachelor in Business Admin with a major in Accounting but I gave up when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child.  Now the ambition is gone....how does one pick up where you left off without the fire and drive?  I just found that I couldn't be a patient mom when I was driven to succeed at something else.  I couldn't balance both.

6)  None of my kids were planned.  Somedays I wish they could have been further apart in age but if I had "planned" motherhood it would have never happened and I would have missed out on the greatest experiences and relationships of my life.  They may have been the reason I stopped my studies but they opened the doors to even greater possibilities...ones that I wouldn't have seen without them.

7)  I dream of backpacking the UK with my husband once the kids are old enough to leave with family and friends for a few weeks.  Right now a trip to Italy with the family (including my in-laws) next summer will have to fill my taste for travel...or discourage me from travel altogether LOL!!

I hope you enjoyed getting to know me.  Now I was also suppose to forward the award on to seven people as well but I'm not too familiar with a lot of bloggers yet and Maureen did a good job of awarding those I would have awarded such as Ann and Maile but I want to forward this award to Shannon at Stamp Till you Cramp! for her encouragement and support.  I'm so glad that I found your blog.  


You don't have to accept but just know that I thought of you.  To accept this award: 1. thank the person who nominated you. 2. copy logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link the person's blog that nominated you for this award. 4. name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. 5. nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. 6. post a link to the 7 you nominated. 7. leave a comment on each blog to let them know they are nominated.


Hope you are all doing fantastic and in enjoying the last day of August.

1 comment:

  1. It's true kids change everything! But it's so worth the time we invest in them! God bless you for focusing on them (especially while they're little). It was nice to learn a little bit more about you!

    Thanks so much for nominating me! I'm so flattered. I will "accept" this award this weekend when I have some time. School starts this week, so I'm a bit scattered and don't have a lot of free time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Visitors