August 28, 2009

SU Workshop - Christmas Cards

I'm in Vancouver for the weekend and oh my...I couldn't believe the amount of traffic on the highway!!!  I was so happy to have my hubby at the wheel. I'll be busy visiting my family so I won't be posting or commenting for the next couple of days.  Hope you are all have a fabulous weekend with family and friends.
Well, I finally came up with a christmas card for my September workshop so you won't be seeing another Christmas card from me until it's closer to the season. I found a nice easy layout at Clean & Simple Stamping. It was a great opportunity to display the new flocked paper in the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalogue. I also brought out the Shimmer Paint!!!  I was so excited to work with it and it gives such a beautiful effect without overdoing it. The Kraft paper card has a close up to show it off :)  The white and red card I used silver embossing powder instead.  And the "Sleigh Bells" twill ribbon on the Kraft card is a dream to work with.  It's the right width and it's heavy for that country/vintage feel.
I hope my hostesses will like this card....I know I'm excited to show them.  Now I get to play around with some Halloween ideas.  The kids will like that.
Country Christmas
Paper:  Christmas Cocoa Specialty dp, Kraft cs
Ink:  Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.
Accessories:  Corner Rounder punch, Sleigh Bells ribbon, Button Latte designer button, linen thread
Stamp Set: Serene Snowflakes, Grateful Greetings

Mod Christmas
Paper:  Christmas Cocoa Specialty dp, Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper white
Ink:  Versa Mark, Real Red
Accessories:  Scallop edge punch, silver embossing powder, silver elastic cord.
Stamp Set: Serene Snowflakes, Grateful Greetings.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, beautiful! I love the dp and snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great...love the simple, clean look. That's what makes them stunning! Love the pearl paint on the snowflake :) I've given you another award on my blog :) check it out and pay it forward if you want...I don't want them to turn into "chain letter" awards KWIM? Have a safe trip back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love the Christmas Cocoa paper! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors