November 4, 2009

Hung With Care


Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is as healthy as we have been blessed enough to be.  If not, I'll send out a little prayer for you.  Maybe this card will warm your heart and add a  little holiday cheer.

As soon as I saw this sketch over at Sketch Girls  I knew exactly what stamp set I was going to play with.  The card was a lot of work but it was so much fun to make.

Firstly, I stamped each stocking in Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip and Versa Mark. I added Gold embossing to the tops of the Mommy and Daddy stockings. I then carefully cut each stocking out and laid them out on the focus panel so that I could decide where to put the holes for my french knots.  I then made the french knots and added the floss garland.  If I had a brick background stamp I might have added that to the panel first. I then added the stockings using dimensionals and put it all together.


Now I'm off to take my boy swimming. Thanks again for taking a peek.  Hope your week is going smoothly.

Paper:  NSU dp, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Ridinghood Red, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink:  Choco Chip, Artichoke, Ruby Red, Versa Mark,
Accessories: Brown Floss, Gold embossing powder
Stamp:  NSU stocking prints


If you have any questions regarding the Non stampin' up! products please feel free to contact me.

9 comments:

  1. Yowza!!! Fabulous card!! I'm so glad you got to use it so quickly!!! Love the french knot idea to hang the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, Laural-Lee. Love the scene you created!

    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this card is fantastic.... thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job with the sketch! It turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVE THIS!!! Such a perfect job with the sketch. I need the info on those awesome Non-SU stamps, Laural. I also need that french knot tutorial =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabu so much! Love the stamps, the DP and your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW really beautiful card. Loved your color combination. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, love the placement of the french knots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! The stockings are perfect for the sketch and I love the way you tied them together. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors