November 27, 2009

Sharing in Your Sorrow


Here's one of the Sympathy cards that I made this last week.  I used Sketch Girl #9 challenge and it is unfortunately their last sketch until the New Year.

I really liked the idea of framing that tree into three separate panels.  In real live the tree has a bit of shimmer.  Because I don't have Sage Shadow ink I had to improvise by mixing re-inkers and platinum shimmer paint.  I used 4 parts Blue Bayou, 1 part Old Olive and some shimmer paint.  I think it came up close enough.


Because I used Chocolate Chip for my card base I needed an area on the inside to write.  The Top Note Die is a wonderfully easy way to do that.

And you know for all the beauty that is in this card it is  the sentiment inside that means the most! This Stampin' Up! set is one of my faves and this sentiment says it all: "Praying for friends to comfort you, faith to uphold you, and loving memories to heal your heart."  I mean really what more can one say on such a sad occasion?

Anyhow, I hope to add some cheerful cards in the next week starting on Saturday with my first Guest Designer submission for Card Patterns .  They really liked my Delight in Life Card ~ Hepburn Style and I want to thank all of you for all the lovely comments.  It was a sweet reward being able to tell my husband that my blog friends really liked it  ;-)  LOL I hope you'll come see what I've created on Saturday and join in the fun.  I also have a surprise planned.

Paper:  Chcolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Real Rust, Gold fiber cs,
Ink:  See post, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Buttons, Top note die, ticket corner punch
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous in every way, the colors, the image and the layout...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of my favourite SU sets...so beautiful and the sentiments do say it all like you said. Love the main image cut into three sections :) See you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors