January 26, 2010

Key to My Heart ~ MTSC 57


It's been a while since my last post hasn't it!  I've been really good about keeping up with everyone else's posts but I've been lacking the inspiration to create things for my own posts.  I have had a nose buried in a book instead this week. (My other form of escape)

Anyhow here's my card I made with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #57 from last week.  I know it's late!!  But I want to show Mercy that I do appreciate her sketches by showing her that I use them. LOL  This sketch gave me an opportunity to use the new Key to My Heart stamp set design by my blogging friend Courtney of Practicing Creativity.  My 6 year old daughter liked my card so much that she wanted to make her own.  So, like the proud mama that I am, I'm posting hers as well.


I let her pick any paper from my scrap bin and those are the papers she chose.  The only things I helped her with was the measurements (but she cut the paper herself), the boarder punch (her hands aren't strong enough yet) and tying the ribbon.  Everything else she did herself!  And she wanted to make the card for her dad.  Yeah she's a total daddy's girl.

Key to My Heart
Paper: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Sending love DSP, whisper white
Ink: Real Red, White Craft
Accessories:  Scallop trimmed boarder punch, White embossing powder, Whisper white ribbon
Stamp set:  Key to My Heart (Practicing Creativity)

Dear Father
Paper:  Whisper White, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Playtime dp (3Bugs)
Ink: Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories:  Scallop trimmed boarder punch, Certainly celery twill ribbon,
Stamps: Key to My Heart, Well Scripted (SU!)



6 comments:

  1. Darling set of cards. I can't wait to get that sentiment set - darn border that slows things down LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so sweet!! She did a fabulous job :) Courtney did a great job with that mixture of fonts. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!! Love the sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crow - she did amazing!! Gorgeous cards. I love the real red/tempting turquoise combo. Must try soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Your daughter did a great job too!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors