January 18, 2010

Valentine Greetings ~ Sketch Girl #10


Sketch Girl is back from it's holiday hiatus and I managed to find the time and inspiration to play along.  It gave me a chance to use some more of my new Stampin' Up! goodies like the Sale-a-bration Scallop trim boarder punch and the matching corner punch (from the current mini).  You're probably going to see it a lot in my future projects.  It's very similar to the apron punch (which is impossible to find around here) only a little fancier.


I used the heart punch and ran the hearts through my cuttlebug using the Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder.  The red heart is popped up with a dimensional.  The sentiment is framed with the boarder and corner punch which I have to admit was tricky and finicky.  After my third try it was finally presentable.  Lastly on the bottom scallop trim I added pink stitching to the top for a little something extra.  It was all hand done for a more precise and polished look.  I found the hand stitching very therapeutic as well so I'll doing more of this technique in the future.

Thanks so much for looking.  Hope you're having a happy crafty week.

Paper:  Sending Love dsp, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Real Red
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop trim boarder and corner punches, heart punch, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder, pink cotton floss, dimensionals
Stamp: Grateful Greetings

7 comments:

  1. So glad to see you playing along with us again! There are so many great details on your card from the scallop punch to embossing, but my fave is your sewing. The hand stitching is PERFECT and it really does stand out compared to the sewing machine - thanks for the idea :>)! We hope to see you for each new sketch at Sketch Girl!
    Oh, and don't forget to pick up the new badge from the SG sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Such perfect stitching, I always get mine a bit crooked. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that paper looks so good with the border punch!! Lovely card!! Oh, I found my pink and cream paper (fav from last summer) in a DCWV pack at Michaels tonight!! Yay!! I really fun pad for the Nursery: Baby Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Love all the great details from the embossed hearts to the bit of stitching. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!! I can't believe you hand stitched that! It's gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at sketch girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was inspired by your hand stitching to create this card: http://lastminutecrafter.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-heart-sketch-challenges.html
    I added a link back to your blog :>)
    Thanks!! Julie

    ReplyDelete

Visitors