March 14, 2010

Another March Birthday

How many March babies are out there??   For me, there are at least 7 birthdays to make cards for.  Today my friends birthday happens to land on the same day as my sisters.  On Friday I managed to make a special card for girlfriend of mine who has some of the same passions as I do.

The latest Sketch Girl challenge came in very handy.  It was a fairly simple sketch which is always nice because  it makes it easier to 'dress up' using some hand stitching, buttons and satin ribbon. Surprisingly the entire card was made from paper in my scrap bin!  Had to add some shamrock paper in honour of St. Patricks day.  Imagine, I actually don't have any St. Paddy's day stamps or embellishments.

I also have another card that I made pictured below using the same sketch but I didn't like how it turned out.  I thought I would share anyways just in case it might inspire you to perfect it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you are happy and healthy.  I'm feeling much better today which is good since I have a feeling my dh will be spending much of the day in bed with this horrible virus. I hope to get the chance to get out of the house today and get some much needed groceries :)  Happy Crafting friends.

Paper: Barely Banana, Old Olive, Earth Love dp (Cosmo), Whisper White.
Ink: Old Olive, Perfect Plum
Accessories:  Purple floss, scallop border punch (SU!), Buttons in Lemon tart, Plum pudding, and New Leaf (PTI), yellow satin ribbon (chatterbox), linen thread, dimensionals
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits and Signature Greetings (PTI)

7 comments:

  1. Wow both cards! I'm with you though that first one is my favorite. It totally pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!!! LOVE the flowers and that dp is to die for :) Cosmo Cricket, right? It almost looks like Shamrocks!! great placement of ribbon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that I reread your post, they are shamrocks!! The PTI order will remedy your St. Patty's day dilemma!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!!
    I love how you used the sketch and of course the hand stitching is divine :>) I also like the bright assortment of colors. So happy to see you playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them!! I have a March baby too, my firstborn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That's a gorgeous card! You've done this up perfectly, Laural. My birthday is April 24th...feel free to duplicate this one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards! I love that satin ribbon on the first card! I'm a March baby and I have 3 other family members with March birthdays.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors