May 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Stella

Here's a quick card I made this afternoon for the current Wee Memories challenge to use pink.  They've got some of my Favourite SEI paper up for grabs.  I also need a girls birthday card for my friend's daughter's 3rd birthday.  Normally I use the star punches for boy cards but I thought I would give it a go and make those stars girly.  The stars were randomly attached and with varying dimension. You'll be able to see that better in the bottom picture.  I also used the pattern tracer to the top and bottom of the card. I really like the craft and pink together.


Anyhow I hope you have a fabulous weekend.  I'm hoping to take off to Kelowna in the morning.  We were suppose to head down today but my mom ended up sick and didn't get as much done around her house as she wanted to before we arrive.  Hopefully we will be able to get there tomorrow and the kids will be able to help plant her garden. They love planting the veggies and flowers.



Steps:

1) Make A2 card from CS
2) Punch out small and large stars in random designer paper
3) Attach those stars randomly using foam tape and glue stick
4) Stamp sentiment
5) Use pattern tracer on top and bottom of card.

Elements

Paper:  Kraft cs, Very Vanilla, close to cocoa, Pink Pirouette, pattern paper (Bo Bunny, SU!, Chatterbox), parchment paper
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories:  Small and large star punch (SU!), pattern tracer, foam tape
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia (PTI)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun and sweet card, so many little details that I like. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love a kraft card base:) Always love stars on a card...so fun :) Have fun in Kelowna...Ever After should have their new paper in...Amanda, the owner said she was expecting it on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute!! I always think boys when I see stars but I love them done up in pink! clever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, and you have used the stars wonderfully well. Have a great visit with your mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty.... love it :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Visitors