October 21, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away!!!!


Well this card is most appropriate for the kind of weather we are experiencing here.  It's raining Cats 'n Dogs!!!  It's raining so hard that there are puddles of water forming everywhere and that's hard to do since most of Kamloops is developed on the mountainside.  Around here you only ride your bike if you are in really really good shape.

Today's card is my interpretation of the Get Sketchy #10!  I wanted to try something a little different and was then inspired to make an umbrella from an Oval.  What do you think? I cut the oval from my old Fiskars Shape Cutter and used my SU! 1/2" circle punch to make the scallops.  I then sponged the umbrella with Bashful Blue and doodled the sentiment.  The inside is doodled with "Hope you feel better"

The embossed panels were made over a year ago when I had my craft pals Maureen and Melisa over for coffee.  Maureen was showing off her cuttlebug and I got to practice embossing on some of my scraps.  Yes Moe, it's taken me this long to use it.  Ideally, I had wanted to make something that would portray rain but I was having a hard time coming up with anything so I settled for snowflakes.  Any ideas? There's silver fibre paper and bashful blue paper in the background.

The card isn't quite as polished as I would liked but it was the follow through of the vision that I cared about the most.  I wanted to see if I could make at umbrella.  Thanks so much for taking a look and I hope I've inspired to you to follow your vision regardless of the results.  Have a fabulous Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. I think the card turned out great :) I really appreciate you saying to "follow the vision through". Very practical advice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy batman! This is an awesome umbrella! The design looks perfect AND you (unlike some people...*blushes*) varied up the sketch =) I think it's a beauty, Laural! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! This is so clever and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent card...I love it...great job! It's been bucketing in washington state too...sigh...fall is here.

    thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea to make the umbrella! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea on the umbrella!! At first I thought you had the PTI Showers set but you hadn't ordered it!! LOL Then I thought you had the snowflake ef but it's the one you made on our visit...so glad it found a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful take on the sketch, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors