October 20, 2009

A Sketch Girl Christmas


Good morning everyone!  Yes, I'm managing to post two days in a row and this afternoon I will have a yet another one for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #40 so please check back later.  I had a very creative and productive day on Sunday.

This is my entry for the Sketch Girl Challenge #7 .  Last week I was inspired by Ann over at Creative Antics to take part in the Challenge and at the end of it I was the lucky winner and I am patiently awaiting my parcel.  I'll share when it gets here.  Thanks ladies and thanks Ann.

So here's the deal about this card, it was the last one I made on Sunday and it was getting late.  I didn't want to pull out my stamps and I wanted to use this designer paper with the matching die cuts.  When I saw the Merry Christmas paper I realized I didn't have to stamp anything.  Nothing on this card is SU! (what kind of demonstrator am I??) In the end, I have to use what inspires me.  I just cut, punched, glued and pasted then added some bling to fancy it up a bit.  It's simple but it works and it only to 10 minutes to put together.

Hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday.  I'll hopefully be enjoying some nice warm sunny weather.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love it when you're a winner! =) This card is great - and I think it's awesome that you're just going ahead & working with what you're inspired to create. It worked out beautifully for you on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch! Great colours, and I love the scallop border at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the win! That's so exciting! Love the bird cage image :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love your pretty papers Laurel-Lee, and the little cute robins! Congrats on your win too!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card.... I love the colors....thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete

Visitors