October 20, 2009

Sweet Sunday Wishes


Hello and Good Afternoon!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my latest.  This is the card a created for Karen's recent Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I decided to make something a little more general that will do for birthday's, congratulations, or good luck.  I wanted it to be as fun as the sketch and something that could be given to the male gender. This was my result.


This paper uses the Razzleberry Lemonade dp and Crushed curry card stock.  To give it some interest I used the tole technique for the punch up stars.  The middle star has 3 layers and the corner stars have 2.  I used a simple Best Wishes sentiment from the sincere salutations stamp set, added my last scrap of Pumpkin Pie stripped grosgrain ribbon and added a couple more stars on the left just to give the card some balance.  Unfortunately my two year old got a hold of the card after I finished taking the pictures so it all has to be redone and I have no more of that ribbon!  Oh well at least it was after the pictures were taken.

I think I achieved what I was looking for (although I don't know how men feel about purple but it will do in a pinch.  What do you think?  Hope you are all having a lovely day.  Have a terrific Tuesday.

Accessories:  Large and small star punch, 3/4 circle punch and stripped pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. My dh looks fabulous in purple!! LOL love the dimension of the stars...what a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome card! Love the layout and the colors. Anyone would love to receive it (even beaten up by a 2 year old!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stars! I love your take on the challenge! I love purple, even if my DH doesn't so much...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Laural! You mastered this sketch (again, terrifies me). The colors are perfect for any celebration. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stars and circles! The stars on the main panel are perfect falling off the edge of the card too - just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors