February 8, 2010

Fun Paint by Number Challenge

I have to say this is one of the best challenges I've done in a long time.  It's a part of the PTI Anniversary celebrations over at  Nichole Heady's blog and it was so quick and fun!  You have until tomorrow 7 am EST to complete and link up your project.  I loved having the sketch (with the measurements included) and the colours are chosen for you based on the beginning letter of your name.  Now how easy is that!  It takes all the guess work out of it.  The challenge really is making yours stand out from all of the others.  I can't say that mine really stands out but I'll tell you what I like about it.

I used swiss dot ef on the white panel, white embossing powder on the sentiment and for my resourceful part I used the pillow cushions from my much loved "On My Couch" set as a background stamp on the Raspberry fizz panel.  I also really like how my bow turned out.  I was going to use white as my card base and the Dusty Durango (I had not Terra cotta Tile) with the swiss dot but the card was just too dark.  To brighten things up I just switched those two colours around.  I can't believe this card took me a total of 15 minutes to make.  This post has taken me longer to create.

Have a fantastic Tuesday everybody and thanks for stopping by for a visit.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! What a cool idea to use the pillow stamps to creat a pattern. I love that set, too!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors