June 10, 2010

Bring Your Own Sunshine


Sometimes it's as easy as smiling when you don't feel like it.  Do you ever find that smiling is the one physical act of happiness that can actually convince the rest of your body that you are happy?  It doesn't always have to be your brain telling you that you're happy and allowed to smile.  This verve sentiment reminds me of that.  Even as I was rushing the kids out the door and out to school I thought of this quote and added my smile.  My husband always says "Smile, it makes people wonder what your up to" my reply is  usually "It's easy for you to do because you're almost always contemplating world domination" and other things that men spend the majority of their time thinking about...or so I'm told. 


Anyhow, I've digressed almost too much and will now tell you about my card.  My inspiration came from this Card Pattern's sketch, the current Embellish colours, and some new PTI goodies that I ordered back in April before having bought our new house.  My 'supplier' of all that is PTI dropped them off last night and it was nice having some new materials to work with including the new anniversary set.  That was a nice surprise since I wasn't planning on having a new stamp set for quite some time.  Thanks for supporting my habit Maureen =) I'm hoping to sell the house soon so I can treat myself to a few goodies, starting with Courtney's new set at Practicing Creativity Designs.  The tree in that set is one of my favourites.

I'm feeling particularly chatty today so please forgive the long post.  Hope you are having a fabulous Thursday and if I don't chat soon have a wonderful weekend.

Elements

Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Raspberry Tart dsp (SU!)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Crushed Curry, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Rick rack die (PTI), 1" circle punch, linen thread, lemon tart buttons (PTI), brown ruffle ribbon (SU! Flirty collection), foam tape
Stamps: Feel the Sun (Verve), Round & Round (PTI)

6 comments:

  1. Love your hubby's quote. Would fit me to a tee :D Love your response too LOL!

    Great use of the sketch! The DPs are wonderful and isn't it fun to do that ruffled ribbon! I just may have an new addiction LOL! Great sentiment and as for the chatter - keep it up! My posts are usually on the long side - maybe too long for most to read - but I just love finding out about people and getting to know them better as it personalizes their cards so much more :D Enjoy playing with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! And I love the line about your husband having thoughts of world domination...hahaha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combo of patterns and colors. And love the yellow button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, rick rack!!! and another card with the new set :) I like to say (about smiling) "fake it till you make it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously - your ribbon treatments are killing me (and all that lovely PTI....) =)

    You two are too funny - I'm pretty sure mine's planning world domination, too.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors