June 9, 2010

Nothing But Happiness

Wow hey?  My second post for this week!!!  Yesterday we had another house viewing so I was feeling a bit hopeful and found a little time last night to get this card started.  I went to bed early so I didn't finish  but I did this morning.  The house is clean, I've sent out a couple job applications and it's raining cats and dogs outside so I figured I deserved a bit of play time.

This card was made using the current Sketch Girl challenge along with the latest Embellish magazine colours.  I don't use a lot of Coral but this colour combo was enticing.  The Embellish also gave me a chance to brake out my favourite Labels 1 nestibilities and Top Note die.  I embellished with some cotton floss, unique Papertrey buttons and polka dots.  This was one of those cards where I had no idea what I was doing until it was done.  I just went with the flow and let inspiration be my guide.  I'm very happy with the results and hope you enjoy it as well.

Thanks so much for popping by.  I hope you have a fabulous day.  Happy Crafting.

Elements

Paper: Kraft, Cameo Coral, Early Espresso, Whisper White, SU! dsp
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Accessories:  Labels 1 Nesties, Top Note die (SU!), DMC floss in brown and yellow, Lemon Tart Buttons (PTI), foam tape
Stamps:  Polkadot Basic Background I (PTI), Blessings (Verve)

15 comments:

  1. Great card, Laurel :D Love the combination of shapes and the buttons and little bows are fabulous. Glad you got some play time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you deserve a bit of time for yourself, and my, such amazing results. I would never have thought to combine these two labels, but the effect is amazing. I love the touches of string too. Good luck with all that has been on your mind lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sentiment, the dots, and the buttons! I'm hoping to play with this challenge soon...love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your groove back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!!! so glad you were inspired to create :) I broke down and am getting these labels...I know, they are #1 and I don't have them!! Hey, 20 days!!! LOL....told you I would use that on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the strings and colors...just awesome, Laural-Lee! Thank you for the kind words on my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card!! It came out fabulous!!! I especially love the way you used the string! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute girl!!! Congrats for being chosen at W+9 also :) Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!!! I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you may not have known where it was going, but the card sure did - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, Laural! I love the string, and button details! But my favorite, is the sentiment that you used!!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, look at all those fabulous labels on this wonderful card! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layers and what a way to use floss! I am so far behind on checking out posts...I will have to pop on back later to see what else you have been up to. Hope all is going well with trying to sell your house. I don't know how you are finding time to craft!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors