June 11, 2010

CAS-tastic Buttons!

Who doesn't love them?  And who doesn't have them?  I seem to have collected them over the months and I'd have to say my favourite colour is the shiny Pure Poppy ones from PTI.  It's been a while since I've worked with red and oh how I've missed it!

The current CAS-tastic challenge is to use buttons and what better way to make a Clean and Simple card than a one-layer.  I don't know about you but I find one-layer cards to be very challenging.  They aren't hard it's just that whenever you mess up you have to start all over again...and I've determined that I'm really not a great stamper.  I know I'm being fussy but I definitely need to get gridded acrylic blocs.

Not much to say about my cards, except maybe that I really like them.  I realize the yellow buttoned card isn't a true one-layer card but I got tired of putting the paper in the scrap pile =)  Oh and my good news note for today is having my card featured on the WPlus9 Colour challenge.  Between my recent nods on CAS-tastic and WPlus9 I'm on top of the world!  Thanks so much ladies for your encouragement.

Hope you have a very fantastic weekend and that the weather is beautiful!

Birthday Wishes Elements

Paper: White cs (PTI)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Pure Poppy buttons (PTI)
Stamps: Round & Round (PTI)

Live Laugh Love Elements

Paper: White cs (PTI), Kraft
Ink: Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
Accessories: Lemon Tart buttons (PTI), yellow brads (MM), large corner rounder
Stamps:  Round & Round (PTI)

8 comments:

  1. Love these, Laural! I've barely used this set...I may be stealing your ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are stunning!!! And you've used your new stamps already!!! Fabulous!!! I need to ink those babies up!!! Love the buttons and that polka dot stamp :) Who needs the matching die? LOL Not here...perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally darling cards, Laurel!!! Fabulous CAS designs - love them. Congrats on the call outs too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ... love these elegant and beautiful designs!

    Thanks for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday clean and simple "Buttons" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to rock the pure poppy! Love both cards actually, how the little polka dot borders balance out the buttons. Its great that you are feeling on top of the world, very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making my day! They are gorgeous, thanks for the chat!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors